The NFL is the nation’s most popular sport right now and I am taking a look into my crystal ball for some predictions! Here we go:
1. New England Patriots – Sure, they are starting Jimmy Garoppolo for the first four games of the 2016 season. But then a pissed off Tom Brady will be playing the last 12 games.
2. Miami Dolphins – New head coach Adam Gase will get Ryan Tannehill going in the right direction in 2016.
3. New York Jets – Ryan Fitzpatrick proves in 2016 that his performance in 2015 was a total fluke!
4. Buffalo Bills – Injuries and suspensions hurt the Bills early this year and it will wind up too big of a hole to dig out of.
1. Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens are healthy and ready to rebound, as Joe Flacco will be back with a vengeance in 2016.
2. Cincinnati Bengals – The Bengals won’t be as good as they were last year, but they will still nab the second wild card in the AFC.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers – No defense, losses in free agency and due to suspensions and an awful defense conspire to sink the ship in Pittsburgh in 2016.
4. Cleveland Browns – The Browns are in a complete rebuilding mode, as they are starting from the bottom.
1. Houston Texans – The Texans have a solid defense and they added some nice weaponry on the offensive side of the ball.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – The Jaguars loaded up on defense this off-season and they will barely miss the playoffs in 2016.
3. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck is going to be beaten up like a pinata again in 2016.
4. Tennessee Titans – The Titans will play much better this year, but they are still going to lose a lot of close games in 2016.
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Look for Andy Reid to take the shackles off of Alex Smith in 2016.
2. Oakland Raiders – The Raiders have loaded up on defense in the off-season. I see them snaring a wild card spot in 2016.
3. Denver Broncos - Trevor Siemian? Seriously? 8-8 will be a miracle this time around for the defending Super Bowl Champs.
4. San Diego Chargers – The Chargers will be better in 2016, but this is a tough division that they play in.
1. New York Giants – Improvements on the defensive side of the ball and an outstanding 2016 season from Eli Manning put the Giants back atop of the NFC East in 2016.
2. Washington Redskins – The Redskins prove that they weren’t a fluke last year, but a small step back causes them to miss the playoffs in 2016.
3. Dallas Cowboys – The Cowboys were built around Tony Romo. Dak Prescott could have a rough time going against NFL Defenses when the games count.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Carson Wentz is going to have a lot of growing pains in 2016.
1. Green Bay Packers – With Jordy Nelson back in the fold, look for the Packers to take off!
2. Minnesota Vikings – Sam Bradford is actually a better QB than Teddy Bridgewater, so the Vikings will be good again in 2016.
3. Chicago Bears – The Bears appear to be stuck in neutral for 2016.
4. Detroit Lions – Will Matthew Stafford be the same without Calvin Johnson?
1. Carolina Panthers – The Panthers get Kelvin Benjamin back in 2016! They are the team to beat in the NFC South.
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Buccaneers loaded on defense and special teams in the off-season.
3. Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons will be about the same as they were last year.
4. New Orleans Saints – The Saints’ D still stinks!
1. Arizona Cardinals – The Cardinals have made enough improvements in the off-season to stay at the top of the NFC West.
2. Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks are going to be a wild card team again in 2016.
3. San Francisco 49ers – The 49ers are going to show improvement under Chip Kelly in 2016.
4. Los Angeles Rams – Unrealistic expectations sink the Rams in 2016.
Baltimore Ravens over the Oakland Raiders
Houston Texans over the Cincinnati Bengals
Seattle Seahawks over the New York Giants
Carolina Panthers over the Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots over the Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs over the Baltimore Ravens
Green Bay Packers over the Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals over the Carolina Panthers
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES:
Kansas City Chiefs over the New England Patriots
Green Bay Packers over the Arizona Cardinals
GREEN BAY PACKERS OVER THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!